Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?
Before taking this class I thought ethics was strictly what a person should or shouldn't do. The first day of class got me more acquainted with ethics and now I would describe it as the general nature of morals a person has. It is the way people act when they feel something is morally right or wrong.
2. What are some of your deepest held values?
I feel honesty and loyalty are very important to me. I think a friends or family members should not try to use you if there is an already established bond of trust. Honesty is also very important to me because it is hard to trust someone if they are not honest. When a person is dishonest it seems most likely like they are trying to take advantage of someone or a situation.
3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?
I try to live my life as non violent as possible. Through my experiences growing up I came to the conclusion that almost anytime I was in or around a fight nothing was solved. Of course there at time when violence can not be avoided but when a meaningless argument escalates into a fight, nothing is solved from it.
4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?
I mainly look for honesty in others. If a person is dishonest you really don't know who they are as a person because all they you have heard are lies. Also I feel if someone is not telling the truth it usually comes off like he or she is trying to take advantage of you.
5. How were your values and principles developed?
All of my principles were developed through my parents teaching and my life experiences. I feel that my values and principles were more developed though my life experiences as I would frequently think about I was effecting others feelings. I feel my parents helped me develop the base of my principles but my life experiences helped me fully develop them.
6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?
As I was growing up I would not care as much about how I was effecting other peoples feelings. As I grew up I realized it is very important to consider others feelings and to make sure not to intentionally hurt others. I am glad I turned out the way I am today because I feel I am a much more fair and honest person.
7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.
I feel I deserve 15 points out of 25 because I answered all of the questions truthfully and to the best of my abilities but I didn't complete the assignment on time. Thank you for giving me a chance to make up some of my missed work but I did complete it the best that I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment